- I slept amazingly well last night. My bed was cozy. I was just the right temperature. And it was quiet. And I didn't get pushed all over the bed by Brinkley. When I woke up at 9:30 I just wanted to hit rewind at do it all again, minus some of the weird dreams. I rarely have a dreamless night.
- Over the weekend I watched the movie Lifted. It was a random Netflix movie that I thought sounded interesting. It was a good movie for the most part. It featured Trace Adkins and Ruben Studdard. Basic plot - a young, musically inclined yet bullied boy enters into a singing competition because his meth addicted mother lost everything his military father worked for. Oh, and the end really did surprise me and almost made me cry. While the boy wonder had singing chops, I expected more from him based on the opening song he sings with his dad. And the song he sings with Ruben. The singing competition songs were a lot of him belting out the same mini-chorus for each song. That got annoying. Otherwise, good story. I'd actually watch it again.
- I also watched New In Town this weekend. I think it's slowly moving in to the my #1 romantic comedy spot. Runaway Bride better look out! Every time I scrapbook by myself, I end up watching this movie. It never gets old. Never.
- I finished the Hunger Games trilogy a while back and started reading Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I was hooked immediately but haven't really been sucked into reading it every single free moment. It's definitely a book that I can see turned into a movie. I give it a year to really catch on and then hit theaters. Mark my words! HA! Info from the publisher...
- I had the pleasure of hanging out with friends at a favorite "old haunt" of mine. The Wild Boar coffee shop is my all time favorite hangout spot in Fort Fun. The atmosphere is awesome. The coffee is great. And the food is delicious. Friday night I got to hang out with Vanessa and Sunday I got to hang out with Jana and Anna. It felt great to have a social life for those few days. I think it would be good for me if I made the effort to make that happen more often.
- The more I watch Pan Am, the more I love it. I don't want to get attached to it but I can't help it. I love all of the story lines. It makes my Cold War loving heart squee. If I lived back then, I'd like to think I could have been a spy for the CIA.
- I made break apart cookies this afternoon. And they are oh so good. It's a good thing I have a plan on how to get rid of most of them and won't be consuming each and every single one myself. I have no will power when it comes to sweets. My strategy is to not buy and or make any. I can't eat sweets if they are nowhere around!!